Sunday, August 28, 2016

Welcome Back to School!

All About Me

HI! I am Mrs. Lyon and I will be your Fifth Grade teacher! I am so excited for this school year to begin! I have been working hard all summer to get ready for this year. 
This is my 17th year teaching in the Fairfield School District. This is my 15th year teaching fifth grade. I know that this year it is a big change moving to the Middle School.  I will do the best that I can to make it go smoothly.  If you ever have any concerns please let me know.
I live just west of Stockport, which is about 15 miles south of Fairfield.  My husband, Troy, and I live on a farm. My husband farms.  We have two daughters and a son.  Our oldest, Mallory, will be in seventh grade this year.  Our second daughter, Grace, will be in fourth grade.  Our youngest, Andin, will be in kindergarten.
We had a great summer hanging out together and doing a lot of family things.  The biggest highlights of my summer were our camping trips.  



Box Tops/ Pop Tabs

We are collecting box tops and pop tabs as a school.  So if you get any of these you can send them to school with your child. We will use the money from this for all types of things.

Trojan PRIDE

The Fairfield Middle School is a PBIS school.  PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Intervention System.  We follow Trojan PRIDE.  We use Trojan PRIDE in every space of our school.  Teachers will give out tickets to students that they see showing their PRIDE.  Every few weeks names are drawn and those students are able to choose a prize. When your child gets their assignment journal you will notice a PRIDE matrix in the front of the book, please be sure to look that over and discuss it with your child.
 
PRIDE stands for:
P- Prepared
R- Respect
I  - Integrity
D- Dependable
E- Environmentally Aware/ Safe

Supplies

There are a few things that were not on your child’s supply list that our classroom is/will be in need of for different projects and many daily things.  If you are able to I would appreciate any type of donations for our classroom. Thank you!
    -             Clorox wipes                                    -  Paper towels
   -             Masking tape                                    -  Coloring markers
   -             Post it notes                                      -  Expo markers
   -           Kleenex (these were left off our supply list this year)

Fifth grade is an exciting year and I look forward to sharing it with you and your child. If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me here at school.  Let’s have a great year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment